Discover Spiritual Life at Wesleyan
Wesleyan is committed to meeting the spiritual and religious needs of all our residents. We recognize that they come from many faith traditions and beliefs. Although we honor the Methodist and Christian roots of Wesleyan, our communities celebrate the diversity of different faiths our residents bring. At Wesleyan, we simply believe a rewarding retirement lifestyle should include opportunities for spiritual growth, counseling and support during life’s challenges. You’ll find just that at Wesleyan Village and Wesleyan Meadows Life Plan Communities.
Meet Our Chaplin
Our Wesleyan Village and Wesleyan Meadows campuses are served by a full time chaplain. Rev. Kurt D. Walker, an ordained minister of the Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church (USA), provides pastoral and spiritual care to all residents, their families and the Wesleyan staff regardless of faith tradition or no particular faith tradition at all.
Join Us for Worship Services
All are welcome to our non-denominational weekly worship services, as well as additional services throughout the liturgical year, including Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, All Saints’ Day and Christmas.
- Regular Worship Services are held every Sunday at 3:30 p.m. in the Wesleyan Village Chapel.
- Holy Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month in the Wesleyan Village Chapel.
- Catholic Mass is celebrated the second Friday of each month at 2 p.m. in the Wesleyan Village Chapel.
- Vesper Services are held every fourth Sunday at 7 p.m. at Wesleyan Meadows.
- Resident Participation is always welcome, including worship leaders, musicians, hand-bell choir members and individuals to help prepare and serve communion.
- Local Transportation is provided for residents who wish to attend services at local houses of worship.
- Home Communion visits are offered on both campuses and open to all. For Catholic residents, a Eucharistic minister is available to provide home Holy Communion.
- Home and Hospital Visits are provided as part of ongoing pastoral care.
Find Additional Support
In addition to worship services, Wesleyan residents, their families and our staff also take part in other spiritual opportunities. A resident-driven prayer chain provides intercessory prayers for the health and well-being of anyone in our community circle.
Thursdays at 10: 15 a.m.
Wesleyan Village Health Care Third Floor Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
Wesleyan Village Beacon House
Weekly Bible Study
Mondays at 2 p.m.
Wesleyan Village Mill/Bridge Room
Discussion Group: Conversations about Faith
Thursdays at 11 a.m.
Wesleyan Village Reeder First Floor Lounge
Grief Support Group
Third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Wesleyan Village Reeder First Floor Lounge Open to all residents and staff.
For more information, call
Chaplain Kurt’s office at 440.284.9256
or his cell phone at 440.662.7252.
Wesleyan is a non-profit Life Plan Community with two campuses six miles apart in Northeast Ohio. Our senior living options promote an enriching lifestyle where residents have the freedom to pursue their passions.
- Wesleyan Meadows, located in Sheffield Village, offers independent living ranch-style homes with attached garages on 36 scenic acres.
- Wesleyan Village, situated on 17 acres in Elyria, offers independent living apartments as well as patio homes with attached garages, plus assisted living apartments.
- Wesleyan Health and Rehabilitation, at Wesleyan Village offers a complete continuum of senior care services for our Meadows and Village communities.
Unlike other senior living options, you’ll find Wesleyan Meadows and Wesleyan Village are backed by one simple promise: priority access to care for the future.
When you qualify for our continuum of care at Wesleyan, you have the peace of mind that comes with priority access to all the supportive lifestyles and health benefits our Life Plan communities offer. Our senior care services are person-centered and are flexible to allow residents to enter different levels of care. In addition to independent living, you’ll have access to assisted living and memory care, plus the rehabilitative care and skilled nursing care services offered at Wesleyan Health and Rehabilitation – if and when you need it.
Our Wellness Approach
At Wesleyan, health and wellness is a top priority. We are committed to helping residents achieve the ideals of a healthy body, inspired mind, and awakened spirit. Across all Wesleyan senior living options, programming strives to provide a range of exceptional services that equally support the eight dimensions of wellness:
- Health Services